Green People

ShereKhan mjg5 at ukc.ac.uk
Sat Jan 21 19:17:03 EST 1995

Wouldn't their be sufficient food generated by chloroplasts to power the
muscles and nervous system of higher animals? The organnelles would
be present only near the surface of the organism, and such a small surface
area of photosynthesis would not maintain the levels of glucose needed
by the organism concerned.  Evolution only works on the fact that the
best mutations are the ones that give a better chance of survival.  Therefore,
would there have been any situation in our Earths history when photosynthetic
animals where more adapt to one certain environment?

Tell me what you think, or lets start a new discussion if this one is
answered.

Marc.
Some biochem student type person.