Green People

KentJoh555 kentjoh555 at aol.com
Sun Jan 22 22:15:30 EST 1995

It seems possible that animals may have some advantage (there may very
well be disadvantages associated) of suplimenting their caloric needs by
self photosynthesis (Ps).  Another thing to consider though is that one
can not choose how to evolve and the best solution may not be the one that
is implemented.  The mutations must take place and be present until such
time that it is benifecial.

Even though we may benifit from Ps, we probably don't have the resources
(genes for enzymes or pigments that may be close to what is needed to
utilize light energy) to develop into chlorophyll or an analogous pigment.
 Evolution does not normally develop entirely new features but builds on
and modifies old ones.

Kent Johnson
Kent Johnson
73773.1320 at compuserve.com