Pseudogenes/Sequences with introns

Ram Samudrala ram at mbisgi.umd.edu
Tue Jan 24 21:12:42 EST 1995

I did a literature search on pseudogenes and from the abstracts all
the pseudogenes seem to be intron-less.  I am looking for pseudogenes
that might have arisen out of gene duplication events as opposed to
retroviral insertion.  (Or does the definition of a pseudogene apply
only to a retroviral insertion?)

Also, how does one find the locations of introns in a DNA sequence?  I
use entrez primarily to retrieve nucleotide sequences and it's not
obvious where the exon/intron splicing occurs since it doesn't say!

Thanks!

--Ram

Ram Samudrala                                   ram at elan1.carb.nist.gov
  He is most powerful is he who has himself in his own power --- Seneca
   Your shadow, the white one, who you cannot accept and who will never
                                           forget you --- Rolf Jacobson