Human/Chimp DNA Homology

Bullock, David bullock at kea.lincoln.ac.nz
Tue Jan 31 18:05:12 EST 1995

Statements along the lines that human and chimpanzee genes (DNA?) share over
90% sequence homology are commonly bandied about.  Does this refer to gene
sequences or to total DNA (presumably from hybridisation kinetics)?  If
anyone can provide references to original papers I would be grateful, as my
Boolian logic or the database indexing has not proved equal to the task.

David W. Bullock                                Tel: 64 3 325 3803
Centre for Molecular Biology                    Fax: 64 3 325 3851
Lincoln University                              E-mail: BULLOCK at lincoln.ac.nz
PO Box 84, Canterbury
New Zealand               "Language is the greatest barrier to communication."