Junk DNA

Margaret Novack novackm at NEVADA.EDU
Sun Jul 9 22:25:40 EST 1995

"junk" DNA may have a function, but the function may not be known when a
fragment is sequenced.  Some "junk" elements may also be retroid
elements, which are probably important in determining evolutionary
processes.

I guess my opinion on the "junk" DNA question, is that just because we
don't know what it does - it is not precluded from actually having
some currently unknown function.

Margaret Novack