Diploid

gloria stephens stephens at hq.jcic.org
Wed Jul 12 10:31:39 EST 1995

May I please ask for more information concerning dominant and recessive
genes?

1.  Is there enough information contained in the 'dominant' gene that the
recessive gene is not read at all?
2.  Is there any influence from a recessive gene?
3.  Are both the dominant and the recessive gene read?
4.  In dealing with the recessive gene, are the genes from both
chromosomes read? I.E. are polypetides formed from both chromosomes?

Basically, are both chromosomes read or just one?

Gloria Stephens
stephens at hq.jcic.org

>>    If you have 2 recessive alleles, no functional gene product can be
>> produced.
If this is true, then how do recessive genes work?