Counter-proof against the molecular clock hypothesis

Robert B. Hole rbh2 at Ra.MsState.Edu
Sat Jul 15 16:56:35 EST 1995

I think, having read a recent essay on this subject by Dr. Gould (I think
it was in the dinosaur issue) that what he's really trying to point out
is that since genetic diversity (and in the article I do think he says
mtDNA, but I can't quite remember) in humans of recent or current African
origin is greater
than that of the whole rest of humanity together that saying ANYTHING
stereotypical about "blacks" or "africans" is completely bogus. Yes it
would be easier to
say something about "caucasians" but there is so much genetic difference
covered by that term also that any generalizations there are almost equally
useless, at the very least, as far as intellegence is concerned.

And yes, the statistics used in the Bell Curve are lousy and almost
certainly don't say what the authors think they say.

And by the way, just because arguments don't seem to persuade people who
don't want to listen, doesn't mean they shouldn't be repeated - sometimes
the nail goes in on the hundredth hit.

Okay, now I'm in trouble.
Happy trails,
R. Hole, Jr.