Clock or what???

Ludvig Mortberg Agneta.Guillemot at historia.umu.se
Tue Jul 18 19:08:13 EST 1995

Hi Shane!

Alright I agree to that the molecular clock is not a theory in the
strictest sense. So what is it? Your definition on a previous thread:
"There is data. From that data comes the concept of the molecular
clock." Now what kind of molecular clock does the data support?
According to everything I have read the data point to a clock that
goes with a constant speed. Are there data that is in conflict with
this? I think there is.

Data in conflict with the concept of the molecular clock with a
constant speed, would be relative rate tests that prove that different
species evolve at different speeds.

Ludvig