Post-doctoral position for phylogeny research

Dave Swofford swofford at onyx.si.edu
Fri Jul 21 12:44:46 EST 1995

A one-year postdoctoral fellowship is available starting as soon as
November of 1995, working at the Smithsonian Institution's Laboratory of
Molecular Systematics in Suitland, MD (a few miles from downtown D.C).  The
research will be conducted under the supervision of David Swofford, and can
be on any aspect of phylogenetic theory, methodology, or computation.
(Naturally, applicants with strong quantitative abilities whose research is
complementary to my own will have the best chance of success.)  The stipend
is about $25,000 US.

Interested individuals should send a 2-3 page preproposal briefly outlining
a project you would like to undertake.  Unfortunately, time is short
because the paperwork must be completed well in advance of the end of the
federal fiscal year (Sept. 30).  I would need to receive your preproposal
by August 4.  One or more applicants will then be selected to write a
somewhat longer proposal (an institutional requirement).

In addition to the preproposal, applicants should send a CV and the names,
addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of at least two references.
E-mail or fax submissions are fine (see addresses, etc., below).

Dave Swofford

P.S.  I do not currently have access to UseNet, so if anyone wants to post
a copy of this to the relevant newsgroups, that would be great.

David L. Swofford                               swofford at onyx.si.edu
Laboratory of Molecular Systematics             FAX: (301)238-3059
MRC 534, MSC, Smithsonian Institution
Washington, D.C. 20560 USA