Seed formation of an intergeneric rice hybrid

Erich Schwarz schwarze.ccomail at
Sun Jul 23 05:13:56 EST 1995

Robert Nagy wrote:

> Dear colleagues:
> 	Could anyone please suggest of any modern technique
> which will promote the setting of seeds because
> if the researcher obtains one viable seed, it will
> open an unlimited possibility of creating rice varieties
> suitable for growing in the saline coastal soil where
> no food crops grows at present.
> 	I shall very much appreciate receiving a reply which
> I would like to communicate to the researcher who
> does not have facility to an internet connection. Thanks again.

    You might want to try posting this (if you haven't already) to:

    Most of us here are probably not skilled enough in plant genetics to
give useful advice, but people on those groups may be able to help you.

    Best of luck!

--Erich Schwarz / schwarze.ccomail at