genetic code & mutation rates

HPYockey hpyockey at aol.com
Fri Jul 28 10:05:50 EST 1995

Tom Jukes is my Mentor. I owe a lot to him. If we always agreed there
would be no need for both of us.

I look forward to comment on Chapter 7 by someone AFTER he reads Part I
and Chapter 7. I believe in solving coding problems by coding theory and
chemical problems by chemistry.
Theoretical biology should follow theoretical physics. One does not find
the complete solution of a complicated problem at the first trial. One
must be satisfied with partial results that lead on to a better
understanding. The orbits of the planets deviate significantly from
ellipses. Does that falsify Newton's theory of gravity, as Sir Karl Popper
might have thought? If Sir Isaac Newton had let that discourage him he
would never have published his theory of gravity.

Wovon man nicht reden kann, darueber muss man schweigen.
 Best regards. Hubert.