Evolution? Can anyone really believe this?

Tony Long tdlong at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 16 16:38:57 EST 1995

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.950615220253.16209C-100000 at luna>, "Vernon Lovic
(REH)" <lovic at luna.cas.usf.edu> wrote:

> Hi all.  I realize I am about to be the target of some flames, but here
> goes anyway.

... stuff deleted...

> No, I am not a creationist, I am just a disbeliever in evolution
> according to a lot of very basic ideas.  Feel free to shed some light if
> you can.
>
> Peace...
>
> Vernon

It sounds as though you would find a book called "The Making of a Fly", by
Lawrence very interesting.  The questions you are asking have perplexed
developmental biologists for some time now.  In the last 20 years a great
deal of progress has been made in answering the question:  How is a
'string' of information used to encode a 4 (3 + time) dimensional
developmental process?  Frankly,  I think these folks are way ahead of
evolutionary biologists in understanding this problem.  Hope you enjoy it.
Tony