Joe Felsenstein joe at
Wed Jun 21 13:54:25 EST 1995

In article <v01510102ac0b73539399@[]>,
Eric Linton <linton at PISCES.RUTGERS.EDU> wrote:
>        Is there anyway to perform decay indicies in Phylip 3.5? And if not
>will this feature or any other be added?

No, it's not easy to do that.  We would have to have some way of
forcing the tree NOT to contain a group.  PAUP can do that, of course.
We are behind in preparing version 4.0 owing to a crush of other
things to do, and probably won't get that kind of feature into 4.0,
which will be the next version and may be out in about a year.
In the longer run I'd like to put it in.

As for "any other feature" yes, we'll have a lot of "any others".

Joe Felsenstein         joe at     (IP No.
 Dept. of Genetics, Univ. of Washington, Box 357360, Seattle, WA 98195-7360