Euk.genes that function and live together

Christopher G Winter cgw1 at columbia.edu
Wed Jun 21 07:55:45 EST 1995

What evidence is there that genes whose products
function together, and are unrelated in sequence, are co-localized in the
genome -- a la operonic genes in prok's?

Clearly, there are many examples of proteins that are known to be
components of the same metabolic pathway, but whose genes are no where
near each other. However, I wonder if there may be certain exceptions to
this rule.

Can someone shed light on this subject for me? I would appreciate any
thoughts you might have on this.

Christopher G. Winter
grad. student
Columbia Univ.