Genstat

A Staines lrf6as at gps.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jun 23 05:41:48 EST 1995

pcox at cox.nsac.ns.ca (Patrick Cox) writes:
>pelle at ekbot.umu.se (Pelle Ingvarsson) writes:
>>I have come a cross a reference to a program called Genstat
[snip]
>>I would greatly appreciate any info on the questions above,
>
>Genstat is an Agricultural based stats package.  It's quite expensive.
[snip,snip]

Genstat is a powerful general purpose stats package. It has superb
facilities for experimental design and analysis, together with a
very superior system for analysing GLM's. It has no data handling
facilities worth talking about, and graphics suited more to
exploratory data analysis than publication. If you do GLM's
(general linear models, like logistic regression etc..), or
ANOVA of ant sort, or experimental design you need it. It's
about as hard to learn as SAS.

--
E-Mail - A.Staines at leeds.ac.uk	Dial +44 (0)113 Tel - 2443517 Fax - 2426065
S-Mail - LRF Epidemiology Unit, 17 Springfield Mt, Leeds, LS2 9NG, UK.