HELP : Looking for Amphioxus RNAs

Fri Jun 30 11:39:02 EST 1995

Dear Frank,
I've appended a list of all my refs on Amphioxus. Some of the recent ones
might give you researchers to contact.. Good luck! -Dick Gordon,
U.Manitoba[Jun27,95]

On 26 Jun 1995 Unknown at net.bio.net wrote:

> Dear bionetworkers,
>
> Desperately looking for total RNAs or mRNAs from Amphioxus. Whether these RNAs originate from
>  i) a liver-like organ or ii) the complete animal or iii) the central third of it, is OK for
> our project. The purpose is to test by Northern blot how early two ancestral genes currently
> gathered within a single modern gene in vertebrates have been assembled during evolution. Are
> these genes found in a tandem arrangement in the amphioxus as well?
>
> Waiting for a reply,
>
> Frank

References on Amphioxus
from Dick Gordon's Bibliography

Conklin, E.G. (1932). The embryology of amphioxus. J. Morphol.  54,
69-151.
Conklin, E.G. (1933). The development of isolated and partially separated
blastomeres of Amphioxus. J. Exp. Zool.  64, 303-376.
Fritzsch, B. & R.G. Northcutt (1993b). Cranial and spinal nerve
organization in amphioxus and lampreys: evidence for an ancestral
craniate pattern. Acta Anat.  148, 96-109.
Guthrie, D.M. & ? Banks (1970). Observations on the functions and
physiological properties of a fast paramyosin muscle - the notochord of
amphioxus  (Branchiostoma lanceolatum). J. Exp. Biol.  52, 125-138.
Holland, P.W.H., J. Garcia-Fernandez, L.Z. Holland, N.A. Williams & N.D.
Holland (1994). The molecular control of spatial patterning in amphioxus.
J. Marine Biol. Assoc.  74, 49-60.
Holland, P.W., L.Z. Holland, N.A. Williams & N.D. Holland (1992). An
amphioxus homeobox gene: sequence conservation, spatial expression during
development and insights into vertebrate evolution. Development.  116(3),
653-661.
Morgan, T.H. & A.P. Hazen (1900). The gastrulation of Amphioxus. J.
Morphol.  16, 569-.
Tung, T.C., S.C. Wu & Y.Y.F. Tung (1962). Experimental studies on the
neural induction in Amphioxus. Scientia Sinica  11, 805-820.
Willey, A. (1894). Amphioxus and the ancestry of the vertebrates. New
York: Macmillan and Co.
Wilson, E.B. (1893). Amphioxus and the mosaic theory. J. Morphol.  8,