HELP : Looking for Amphioxus RNAs

Fri Jun 30 11:39:02 EST 1995

Dear Frank,
I've appended a list of all my refs on Amphioxus. Some of the recent ones
might give you researchers to contact.. Good luck! -Dick Gordon,

On 26 Jun 1995 Unknown at wrote:

> Dear bionetworkers,
> Desperately looking for total RNAs or mRNAs from Amphioxus. Whether these RNAs originate from
>  i) a liver-like organ or ii) the complete animal or iii) the central third of it, is OK for
> our project. The purpose is to test by Northern blot how early two ancestral genes currently
> gathered within a single modern gene in vertebrates have been assembled during evolution. Are
> these genes found in a tandem arrangement in the amphioxus as well?
> Waiting for a reply,
> Frank
References on Amphioxus
from Dick Gordon's Bibliography

Conklin, E.G. (1932). The embryology of amphioxus. J. Morphol.  54,
Conklin, E.G. (1933). The development of isolated and partially separated
blastomeres of Amphioxus. J. Exp. Zool.  64, 303-376.
Fritzsch, B. & R.G. Northcutt (1993b). Cranial and spinal nerve
organization in amphioxus and lampreys: evidence for an ancestral
craniate pattern. Acta Anat.  148, 96-109.
Guthrie, D.M. & ? Banks (1970). Observations on the functions and
physiological properties of a fast paramyosin muscle - the notochord of
amphioxus  (Branchiostoma lanceolatum). J. Exp. Biol.  52, 125-138.
Holland, P.W.H., J. Garcia-Fernandez, L.Z. Holland, N.A. Williams & N.D.
Holland (1994). The molecular control of spatial patterning in amphioxus.
J. Marine Biol. Assoc.  74, 49-60.
Holland, P.W., L.Z. Holland, N.A. Williams & N.D. Holland (1992). An
amphioxus homeobox gene: sequence conservation, spatial expression during
development and insights into vertebrate evolution. Development.  116(3),
Morgan, T.H. & A.P. Hazen (1900). The gastrulation of Amphioxus. J.
Morphol.  16, 569-.
Tung, T.C., S.C. Wu & Y.Y.F. Tung (1962). Experimental studies on the
neural induction in Amphioxus. Scientia Sinica  11, 805-820.
Willey, A. (1894). Amphioxus and the ancestry of the vertebrates. New
York: Macmillan and Co.
Wilson, E.B. (1893). Amphioxus and the mosaic theory. J. Morphol.  8,