Mullers ratchet

Hassan Badrane hbadrane at pasteur.fr
Mon Mar 6 07:05:47 EST 1995

ehsim at aol.com (Ehsim) wrote:

> Help!!!!  I am doing a presentation on P. formosa and I need to know what
> Mullers ratchet.  Please eme asap.
>
> Thanks.

Hello,
I'm sorry to be late, I've just see your question; the Mullers ratchet is a phenomenon
correspond to the decline of the fitness of a given virus population after another
phenomenon called Bottleneck transmission (which is a transmission of one or a few
infectious particles from virus quasispecies). For bibliography see :
Infectious agents and disease 3:201-214 (1994)
Nature 348:454-5 (1994)
Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90:4171-5 (1993)
In:Morse SS, ed. The evolutionary biology of viruses. New York: Raven Press, 29-48 (1994)
Mutat Res 1:2-9 (1964)

good chance.

Hassan