High rate of transition to transversion ??

Hassan Badrane hbadrane at pasteur.fr
Fri Mar 17 05:07:03 EST 1995

Hello evolusionnists,

I have many non-coding sequences. I have compared each one to the others and
between the results that I've got, there is the ratio of the transitions to
the transvertions. This number was almost similar between the most pairs of
sequences but between few pairs this ratio was so high (X3 to X11).
In this last pairs the sequences was coming from isolates with a close
relationship (close geographic origine).
My question is why and how we can explane this event ? does it mean some-
thing ?

I thank you very much for your help

Hassan
hbadrane at pasteur.fr