HELP with MacClade

John Gosink gosink at
Tue Mar 21 19:54:52 EST 1995

In article <3kni52$es7 at>, fzyenath at (Geeta
Bharathan) wrote:

> S. LAURA ADAMKEWICZ (ladamkew at OSF1.GMU.EDU) wrote:
> : I have two Nexus files with the same number of nucleotides from the same
> : gene and differing only in the taxa represented.  Can I merge these
> : into one file in MacClade?  After much searching of the manual, I cannot
> : even find a discussion of the problem.  Any help, suggestions, or
> : guidance will be most appreciated.

I find it is also helpful to export the files from MacClade in some format
such as NBRF.  This makes it much easier to cut and paste (using Word as
the previous poster suggested).

In general, however, I find it best to use my PAUP and MacClade programs
in conjunction with SeqApp.  SeqApp is an incredible (FREE!!!!) little
program made by Don Gilbert that makes sequence editing, multiple sequence
alignment, and format conversion just like playing a video game!  (Well,
almost ;-)

You can find SeqApp by gophering to  (then surf around
in their software archives).  Cheers.