spiked article

Richard Milton richard at milton.win-uk.net
Wed Mar 22 13:19:55 EST 1995

In article <9503292308.AA14532 at spider.ento.csiro.au>,
 Thomas Boyce (thomasb at SPIDER.ENTO.CSIRO.AU) writes:

 >Dear Richard Milton,
>
>I received your letter and article via the molecular evolution disc. group
>on internet.
>
>I sympathise with your objections to censorship, and I do not think
>irrepairable harm would have been done by the publication of the article.
>
>However, I do see that much of what you say is based on misinterpretation
>or poor understanding of the facts of biology (even the history of
>evolutionary biology).  If I were the editor of a biological journal, I
>would have rejected the article as misinformed and naive - perhaps more for
>what it leaves out rather than what little is in it.
>
>Although I do not support censorship, it is nevertheless important to be
>fair with the facts and to the people involved.  In those respects your
>article fails.
>
>Perhaps the best remedy would have been for your article to be published
>along with a piece by piece dissection of its errors by Dawkins, or
>whomever.  I would perform such a dissection myself, but that it appears
>you've already had the benefit of same from Dawkins.
>
>Could you also post Dawkins's objections?

Dear Thomas Boyce,

Many thanks for your reply to my article.  I appreciate
your comments.

 I'm afraid I haven't made myself sufficiently clear on this
point.  Dawkins has not made any attempt to reply to any
of the points in the article.  As far as I know, he has
not even seen the article. he has simply written to the
editor of THES falsely alleging that I am a secret
creationist. It was following this allegation that the
article was rejected.

You will probably now better appreciate my sense of
indignation and my reason for publishing the article.

Best wishes,

Richard

Richard Milton               |
10 Pembury Road              | "Perfectly exact physics is not
Tonbridge, Kent TN9 2HX      |  so very exact, just as holy men
United Kingdom               |      are not so very holy."
Tel/Fax: 0732 353427         |
richard at milton.win-uk.net    |             Wilhelm Reich