Lycopersicon/Solanum phylogeny question

John True jtrue at
Thu May 11 09:14:22 EST 1995

I'm interested in divergence of genetic maps between closely related
species and I was wondering if someone could point me toward a reference
containing the _estimated time since divergence_ of the Lycopersicon and
Solanum genera.  A recent literature search came up empty.

Thanks in advance.

John True
e-mail:jtrue at
Zoology Dept.                                              voice:
DCMB Group/Genetics Program                                  fax:
B338 Levine SRC Box 91000
Duke University Durham NC 27708-1000