Comparison of (phylogenetic) trees

Eric Archer farcher at
Mon May 29 12:43:00 EST 1995

In article <cgrunau-280595234458 at>,
   cgrunau at (Christoph Grunau) wrote:

=|Or how can you copare distance matrix tables?

The best (and only) way that I know of is to run a Mantel
test. This test basically compares the conconcordnance of two
matrices and gives a statistic, 'W' I believe, which is compared
to a distribution of W's from random permutations of one of the
matrices for significance. The only program I know that does a
Mantel test is NTSYS-PC.

Eric Archer                         |  "Marine Biologist?!?!?.... I didn't
Scripps Institution of Oceanography |   even know that WAS a job!"
University of California, San Diego |          - George Costanza
La Jolla, CA 92093 U.S.A.           |
email: farcher at       |   "Get off the cross, we need the wood."
phone: 619-546-7095                 |          - Tori Amos