Comparison of (phylogenetic) trees

Christoph Grunau cgrunau at
Sun May 28 09:44:58 EST 1995

Hi folks,

if you get phylogenetic or at least distance-matrix trees of the same
from two different sources, is there a way to compare these trees resulting
in a
statement like: both trees are identical/non-identical considdering a
interval of 90%? I know the Consensus program in Phylip. Is there a value
or a
matrix that gives the (relative) distance of the consensus tree to the

Or how can you copare distance matrix tables?

Thank you for your reply. I appreaciate any suggestion.

Christoph Grunau