Came life from space?

Pascal Scheffers pscheffers at
Mon Nov 6 16:18:26 EST 1995

Hello Robert!

Friday November 03 1995 08:28, OB295RA at wrote to All:

 >> > the galaxy. In that time we will have travelled past a lot of
 >> > stars in the milky way, stars who may had life on one of their
 >> > planets, perhaps even developed life. Is this a possibility?
 >> NOPE, Not a chance.

 OR> Why??
It might well have. Imagin a planet with life on it (nice micro organisms would
suffice). Next imagin this rather largish planetoid. They collide with an
enourmous -*BANG*-. This would (in theory) shoot off large amounts of water
from the planets surface. One or more of these particles (comets) lands on
earth, adding a trivial amount of water and a not so trivial amount of micro
Life could, theoreticaly, have come from space, but then where did it start?

Pascal Scheffers                       pscheffers at
                                             P.R.Scheffers at

... Pragmatism should never be confused with moderation.
|                      RBBS Flevoland Internet Gateway                   |
| RBBS Flevoland, Almere-Stad, The Netherlands +31-36-5363720 ZyXEL 19k2 |
| fax +31-36-5363720                           +31-36-5367160 V34 28k8   |
| Member of Team-OS/2, 7 cdrom's online        +31-36-5360688 ISDNC 64k  |