TreeView: Tree drawing program for Macs and PCs

Roderic D M Page dpage at udcf.gla.ac.uk
Thu Nov 16 08:50:26 EST 1995

TreeView is a simple program for displaying trees on Apple Macs and
Windows PC's. It has the following features:

-runs on both the Apple Macintosh and Windows Pcs, using almost
 identical interfaces

-reads standard NEXUS and PHYLIP format tree files

-supports the standard TrueType and Postscript fonts available
 on Macs and PCs

-supports native graphics file format (PICT on Macintosh, Windows
 metafile on Windows) for copying pictures into other applications,
 and for saving graphics files

-print preview

-has drag-and-drop facility

It was written to allow users of PHYLIP and the forthcoming command line
version of PAUP to easily display trees.  Users of PAUP on the Macintosh
may find it useful as it allows you to open a treefile and view the trees
without having to load the original data file. Currently TreeView can
read up to 100 trees with up to 200 taxa.

The program is free, and can be obtained from the following URL:

http://taxonomy.zoology.gla.ac.uk/rod/treeview.html

This site has a screen shot and advice on how to install the program.
TreeView  comes in 68K Mac, PowerMac, and Windows versions. If you
download the program and find it of use, please email me at the address
below so that I can keep you informed of bug fixes and improvements.

Rod Page
Roderic D M Page
Lecturer in Taxonomy
Division of Environmental and Evolutionary Taxonomy
Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences
University of Glasgow
Glasgow G12 8QQ
Scotland, U.K.

Tel: +44 141 330 4778