% GC content and 16S phylogeny

Jeffrey Lawrence lawrence at biology.utah.edu
Fri Aug 2 19:56:32 EST 1996

yes it is.  consult muto and osawa (1987) PNAS 84:166 (not completely
sure about page number)

while GC content of structural RNA genes is positively correlated
with GC content of the genome, much stronger relationships, in
terms of the degree of variation, are found in first and third
codon positions.