Haldanes Rule

Gary S. McKenzie cegsm at trentu.ca
Fri Aug 23 10:38:12 EST 1996

Hi
Can someone please inform me of recent papers that address (or symposiums)
the above and possibly recent molecular evidence for the rational of
heterogametic sterility and inviability and postzygotic isolation in
higher eukaryotes. I realize that the X has been the dominant chromosome
that genes have been mapped to involving Haldanes rule, and that this
could involve deleterious X-autosome interactions or a mismatch between X
& Y chromos. What is the argument in favour of more rapid evolution of novel
meiotic drive systems or the faster rate of substitution of favourable
recessives on the sex chromosomes in regards to this? Any ideas on the
possibility of a composite nature for Haldanes rule?
Any information is greatly appreciated
G.S. McKenzie