Evolution

Mark D. Garfinkel mg16 at midway.uchicago.edu
Mon Dec 30 10:54:42 EST 1996

In article <5a8h75$re1 at fidoii.cc.lehigh.edu>,
Alan Allegra <inpri at lehigh.edu> wrote:
>For those who are unwilling to accept theology (the queen of the sciences)
	Lousy paraphrase. The quotation is "Mathematics is the queen of the
	sciences and arithmetic is the queen of mathematics." I think it's
	due to Bertrand Russell, or possibly Eric Temple Bell.

>I highly recommend "Darwin's Black
>Box:  The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution" (The Free Press) by Professor
>Michael J. Behe of Lehigh University.
	You might also recommend the op-ed article Behe published in the
	_New York Times_ several weeks back, and the letters to the
	editor published in response.

Mark
--
Mark D. Garfinkel (e-mail: mg16 at midway.uchicago.edu. Ask for PGP public key)
(c) 1996; all rights reserved. Permission granted for Usenet quotation.