Evolution

TFarnon tfarnon at aol.com
Mon Dec 30 12:59:55 EST 1996

>I highly recommend "Darwin's Black
>Box:  The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution" (The Free Press) by
Professor
>Michael J. Behe of Lehigh University.

I have nothing but contempt for ANY PhD and/or professor who says "Since I
can't understand it, it must be beyond comprehension."  That's a really
quick way to provoke this student to acrimonious and contemptuous comments
in class and out.

But not to appear too volatile, I add that I am easily appeased by:
"That's outside my area of knowledge.  You might try reading/asking
(source)", or "That's a fairly new area of research.  I don't think you'll
find much on it.  But good luck in the library."  It's a pity Behe can't
bring himself to do either.