Question on mt-DNA

Matthew Mason mamason at FREENET.COLUMBUS.OH.US
Fri Feb 2 12:52:45 EST 1996

It depends on what organism that you are trying to isolate mtDNA from.  I
worked with mtDNA in the past that was isolated from plants.  The methods
that we used involved isolation of the mitochondria and then subsequent
steps to destroy nuclear and chloroplast DNA.  Then lysis of the
mitochondria with phenol gave fairly pure mtDNA.  If you have any
questions reply to my account: mason.163 at

Matthew T. Mason                 DEATH BEFORE DECAFE   _______
The Ohio State University                             C\     /
mamason at                          \___/
mason.163 at