Joe Felsenstein joe at
Sun Feb 11 09:52:09 EST 1996

In article <4fje4j$gab$1 at>,
Bob Obar  <102063.2640 at CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>I lost the message about phylip, but the ftp address I used is:
> then look in the /molbio/evolve/*.* directory for the correct
>version for your platform.  This server (at Indiana University) is
>on Compuserve's List of Selected Sites, and has gaggles of good

The Indiana server is wonderful and well worth looking at, but for the
absolutely latest most-bug-fixed versions of PHYLIP try the PHYLIP
server itself:,  in directory pub/phylip

or better yet, use our Web server

For a European mirror of our ftp server, try directory pub/phylogeny on

Joe Felsenstein         joe at     (IP No.