bootstrap values

Moulliard Charles moulliard at
Mon Feb 12 04:03:10 EST 1996

Could someone help me?

I work on 14 sequences (rDNA of the ITS region) of Lipomyces strains. I
have make an alignment of my sequences using pileup program of GCG. After
that, I have use the .msf file for analysing the file with the package
I have made 1000 bootstaps using SEQBOOT and then calculate the most
parsimonious tree with DNAPARS. But, when I look to the tree, I don't see
the bootstraps value. How can I see on the postscript tree file the
bootstrap values.

What is the best way to analyse the data and to find the tree?

DNA parsimonious <-> DNA branch and bound algorythm <-> Maximum likelihood
analyses <-> ... ?

Charles Moulliard (moulliard at