Codon Bias

Jean Lobry lobry at
Thu Feb 15 06:58:23 EST 1996

In article 100000 at morpheus, "Jeffrey J. Huckaby" <huckabyj at> writes:
>	I am interested in codon bias as a combinatorial optimization
> some organisms, "optimal" codon usage appears to be
>correlated with the level of gene expression--highly expressed genes use
>the optimal codons whereas genes with lower expression use rare codons.
>Essentially, I am interested if this pattern results from a complex
>optimization process?
>	Does anyone know of any articles on this issue?
>Thanks in Advance

Sharp, P.M. and Matassi, G. (1994) Codon usage and genome evolution.
Current Opinion in Genetics and Development 4:851-860

Jean R. Lobry, URA - CNRS 243, Biometry - Genetics and Population Biology
Univ. C. Bernard - LYON I, 43 Bd 11/11/1918, F-69622 VILLEURBANNE CEDEX
phone  : (33) 72 43 12 87
fax    : (33) 78 89 27 19             e-mail:lobry at