Heterozygosity

Bill Burnett bbur at wpo.nerc.ac.uk
Thu Jan 11 10:37:50 EST 1996

In article <4d1dhc$5fs at st-james.comp.vuw.ac.nz> T Buckley <Thomas.Buckley at vuw.ac.nz> writes:
>From: T Buckley <Thomas.Buckley at vuw.ac.nz>
>Subject: Heterozygosity
>Date: 10 Jan 1996 22:10:52 GMT

>I have several populations (of different sample size) of clonal insects
>that are genetically identical at all allozyme loci scored (7 variable).

Could you clarify this a little?  Are all individuals in each population
identical with different populations different, or are all individuals in all
populations identical?  As you have 'variable' loci, I assume you mean the
former, with variation observed between populations?  In which case why is
variable heterozygosity among pops surprising? Or are you
seeing what look like obvious hets in every individual for the 'variable' loci?

Bill