Know any Evolution books?

golem at interserv.com golem at interserv.com
Wed Jan 17 09:56:39 EST 1996

I just found a posting titled 'Ahouse & Dennet 2d rejoinder' on the sci.bio.evolution. It seems that
those two debated a couple of months ago and that this was a very delayed reply. Of course, I
missed the old postings. Does anybody have them saved? It would be interesting for our thread to
find them and exchange them. It is always profitable to follow the discussion of the people better
equipped for detailed analysis then we are. In fact, after I first read and re-read the book, and
painstakingly looked for errors, I went to a discussion group with a bunch of professors of biology
and philosophy of science, who, with apparent ease, found ten times more inconsistencies than I
did.  Also, some of those people  know him personally and have discussed these issues with him,
read the book while it was still a manuscript, etc, so they knew what to expect and what to look
for,  which I did not. So, lets continue with the thread in order to learn something and hopefully
others will learn from reading us.
      Bora.