NA vs. AA phylogenies

Sarah Tamara Braun brauns at rpi.edu
Fri Jan 19 07:07:08 EST 1996

<umelcher at bmb-fs1.biochem.okstate.edu> writes:

>        Is there software that can:
>   1) Given an amino acid sequence alignment and the raw nucleotide
>   sequences that translate to the amino acid sequences, produce a
>   nucleotide sequence alignment that is equivalent to the amino acid
>   sequence alignment; and/or

Just out of curiousity, is there some reason that doing it by hand
is a problem?  I have aligned AA sequences, and then gone back
to align the DNA the same way, while a pain in the butt, I don't
think I would be comfortable trusting a program.

I would appreciate any thoughts on why programs to do this are better.

Cheers,

       Sarah Tamara Braun