NA vs. AA phylogenies

ggutman at VMSA.OAC.UCI.EDU ggutman at VMSA.OAC.UCI.EDU
Sat Jan 20 20:43:03 EST 1996

The reason to use a program to convert an amino acid alignment to its
corresponding nucleotide sequences is the same reason you would use a
program to do any such repetitive task: it is extremely tedious to do it
by hand, and computers are faster and more accurate.  Why on earth would
you waste your time on the mindless task of doing this by hand if a program
is available???  What is there not to "trust"?

George

* George A. Gutman                                              *
* Department of Microbiology            Tel:(714)824-6593       *
*          and Molecular Genetics       FAX:(714)824-8598       *
* University of California         INTERNET: GAGUTMAN at UCI.EDU   *
* Irvine CA 92717                                               *