Genotype-Phenotype Map and Complexification (Biological Experience)

Richard Gordon gordonr at cc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jul 1 12:16:50 EST 1996

Dear Alex,
The "unknown mechanism" may involve duplications of branches of the
differentiation tree, which is the lineage tree of the tissues of an
organism. See:

Gordon, R. (1993). The fractal physics of biological evolution. In:
Beysens, D., N. Boccara & G. Forgacs, eds. Dynamical Phenomena at
Interfaces, Surfaces and Membranes. Commack, N.Y.: NOVA Science Publishers,
99-111.

Bjorklund, N. K. & R. Gordon (1994). Surface contraction and expansion
waves correlated with differentiation in axolotl embryos. I. Prolegomenon
and differentiation during the plunge through the blastopore, as shown by
the fate map. Computers & Chemistry  18(3), 333-345.

Yours, -Dick Gordon

At  7:28 PM 6/12/96 +0100, Alexander Spirov wrote:
>        Dear All:
>My new W3Pages concerning algorithms of complexification in evolution
>are available:
>http://www.iephb.ru/genphen0.html
>Any comments, suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome.
>
>        WWW PAGES REVIEW
>"To understand the conditions under which mutations and selection can lead
>to rising level of organization is of importance for evolutionary biology
>as well as in evolutionary computations. The fundamental dynamical
>processes of evolution are connected to dynamical processes based on
>sequences. Nature apparently explores some unknown mechanisms of strings
>nets complexification. I intend to overview some findings on the way of
>searching and exploitation of the rules for the complexification."
>Alexander V.Spirov (PhD)
>I.M.Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology &
> Biochemistry, S.-Petersburg, Russia
>phone/fax +7 (812)552 3219;  fax + 7 (812)552-3012
>WWW http://avs.iephb.ru
>Spirov at iephb.ru

Dr. Richard Gordon, Department of Radiology
University of Manitoba, Room ON104, Health Sciences Centre
820 Sherbrook Street, Winnipeg, MB R3A 1R9 Canada
Phone: (204) 789-3828,  Fax: (204) 787-2080
E-mail: GordonR at cc.UManitoba.ca