Modeling Structure By Homology

Francois Jeanmougin pingouin at .u-strasbg.fr
Mon Jul 8 02:27:50 EST 1996

In article <4rj57t$6v6 at sparcserver.lrz-muenchen.de>,
	Karl Schmid <kschmid at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de> writes:

>what are "WhatIf" and the "CHARMM module of Quanta"? Do you know any published
>examples of this procedure?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Karl
	Well, WhatIf and Quanta are molecular modelling programms used by
crystallographs in our institute...Sorry, I have no time now to find references
but I think that an alta-vista search will give you the answer.
	This 'procedure' is not published (as far as I know), I found it by
looking in available programms here, what I can use. The models I build are
for focusing on interesting point mutation, so that a big part of the
molecule is not well refined, and so unpublishable. By the way, I am building
a heterodimer by reference to a homodimer so that only the interface is
looking as a 'protein';-)
	Quite a long story, hope this helps.
						Francois.
--
Francois Jeanmougin
Service de bioinformatique / bioinformatics service
e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr

Les petits pois sont rouges (STTELLLA)