relative rate test

Tony Long tdlong at
Tue Jul 23 15:43:33 EST 1996

In article <4t1le5$7gm at>,
joe at (Joe Felsenstein) wrote:

> In article <31F3BE3C.79EA8BB8 at>,
> Spencer Muse  <muse at> wrote:
> >Joe Felsenstein wrote:

... alot of stuff deleted

   I couldn't resist this, as it is a topic that has come up in the
hallways around Davis.  Our tongue in cheek solution was a sequential
Bonferroni test should be applied to people's careers.  This would have
the added advantage of mking it progressively harder for individuals to
publish later in their carrer (when they presumably need publications
less) and easier at the start : ).  Tony