Bootstrapping LogDet

Joe Felsenstein joe at evolution.genetics.washington.edu
Fri Mar 1 12:33:37 EST 1996

In article <4h6fpp$sis at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>,
James O. McInerney PhD <j.mcinerney at nhm.ac.uk> wrote:
>Does anybody have a program that will bootstrap LogDet distances (a la Hendy, Penny, Steel and co.).  I've got the splitstree program which will produce these distances from a data set. It doesn't have a bootstrapping option though (yes I could do it manually 100 times, and I will if nobody has a piece of code that will do this).

SeqBoot, in PHYLIP, can make the 100 bootstrapped data sets you need.
We  do not (yet) have LogDet distances in PHYLIP but maybe SplitsTree can
read PHYLIP format input files -- maybe even multiple data sets, I don't
know.

--
Joe Felsenstein         joe at genetics.washington.edu     (IP No. 128.95.12.41)