Tennessee Monkey Bill

Joe Felsenstein joe at evolution.genetics.washington.edu
Fri Mar 1 15:34:04 EST 1996

In article <4h6s3a$im4 at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, Daro <daro at aol.com> wrote:
>David R. Nelson wrote,
>
>"By the way, that 1925 bill was not repealed until 1973."
>
>By the way, the phoney "Java Man" macroevolutionists used in the same
>trial was not removed from museums until the 1980s.  This forum is
>dedicated to the study of molecular evolution NOT creation/evolution, so
>why have these previous posts been allowed to remain?

Because this is not a moderated group.  There is no Authority to remove the
posts.  We rely on people's self control.

[I think you meant "Piltdown Man", not "Java Man", and it was not known to be
a phony in the 1920's (not until 1953, after which it was removed from
most museums fairly promptly).]

--
Joe Felsenstein         joe at genetics.washington.edu     (IP No. 128.95.12.41)