Know Any Evolution Books?

Periannan Senapathy sena at genome.com
Thu Mar 14 10:08:32 EST 1996

I think that you will be interested in a book that I have recently
published by the title "Independent Birth of Organisms," in
which I propose a new theory as an alternative to the conventional
theory of evolution.

My theory says that most of the organisms we see today were
born independently from a primordial pond through the random
assembly of genomes from sequences of random DNA.
Organisms have not descended from a common ancestor, but
rather from millions of independently born organisms, whose
genomes were all assembled from a common gene-pool from
a single small primordial pond by using the common biochemicals,
genes and molecular biological mechanisms.  Computer studies
of the genes of animals and plants that are split into exons (coding
regions) and introns (junk DNA) show that such genes would
have been easily and abundantly available in random primordial
DNA.  The similarities we see today among various organisms
are the result of the assembly of their genomes from the
common gene pool, and the recombination and reuse of many
genes and genomic pieces of previously made, viable organisms
-- these similarities produce "false" evolutionary trees.  Short-term
adaptations and artificial selection do result in slight variations
and even some new species within each distinct organism, but those
evolutionary mechanisms have not been responsible for the wide
diversity of life and the many unique genes now being discovered
in organisms.  For example, many different crab varieties and
species have been produced from an original crab, and similarly
many different snails from an original snail, but the crab and the
snail originated distinctly from the primordial pond.

Modern molecular biology provides ample evidence for the new
theory.  Recent discoveries of many unique genes in distinct
organisms that are totally absent in other organisms provide the
best evidence.  These discoveries have begun to be made only
over the past decade or so, and make it impossible for molecular
biologists to explain them based on the conventional theory of
evolution.  The mechanism of the multiple assembly of genomes
from a common pool of genes, producing many distinct organisms
with both similarities and distinctions, immediately explains the
other kinds of scenario that have been hitherto enigmatic and
elusive to evolutionary theory, namely zoological and fossil.  The
structural unrelatedness of many distinct organisms belonging to
the various taxonomic categories such as the phyla and classes is
known as "the problem of the origin of higher taxa," so far
unexplainable by evolution for the past 135 years.   The new
mechanism of the multiple assembly of genomes is able to explain
this.   The sudden appearance of almost all the distinct organisms
belonging to all the different phyla in a geological instant at the
base of the Cambrian period, termed the Cambrian Explosion,
has not been explainable by the theory of evolution.  The new
mechanism in fact predicts this scenario.  Thus, the new theory
is able to explain the scenario of life on earth based on all the
major types of evidence -- genes, organisms and fossils.

You can find more information regarding this new theory and
the book in the following web sites:

http://www.fullfeed.com/genome/
http://www.mattox.com/genome/

Best Regards,