Pedagogical introduction, where?

Rolf Engstrand ekarge at eua.ericsson.se
Tue Mar 19 14:47:33 EST 1996

Where can I find a good pedagogical introduction to evolutionary phenomena on the
molecular level?

I am a rather enthusiastic amateur biologist. I have read

N Campbell; Biology; Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company Inc; 1990.

B Alberts, D Bray, J Lewis, M Raff, K Roberts, J Watson; Molecular Biology
of the Cell; Garland Publishing Inc; 1989.

C Mathews, K van Holde; Biochemistry; Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company Inc; 1990.

D Futuyma; Evolutionary Biology; Sinauer Associates Inc; 1986.

I would now like to get something that is up to date, goes substantially deeper into
molecular phenomena than Futuyma and is not overly difficult to understand. Would

Hillis, Morritz, Mabel (eds); Molecular Systematics, Sinauer Associates Inc; 1996.

be OK for me?

Rolf Engstrand                       PHONE:    +46 8 7195779
CadLab (ÄL/EKA/N/SD)                 FAX:      +46 8 7195319
Ericsson Components AB               E-MAIL:   Rolf.Engstrand at uab.ericsson.se
S-125 82  STOCKHOLM                  MEMO:     EKA.EKARGE
Sweden                               Location: Götalandsvägen 230