Pedagogical introduction, where?

Marc Robinson robinson at
Wed Mar 20 06:44:47 EST 1996

In article q7o at, ekarge at (Rolf Engstrand) writes:
>Where can I find a good pedagogical introduction to evolutionary phenomena on the
>molecular level?

A very good review, perhaps a little old, but comparable to the books you have
already read :

WH Li, D Graur (1991) Fundamentals of Molecular Evolution. Sinauer Associates Inc.

older but most important to the field :

M Kimura (1983) The neutral theory of molecular evolution. Cambridge University Press.

sorry, I do not know :

>Hillis, Morritz, Mabel (eds); Molecular Systematics, Sinauer Associates Inc; 1996.

hope this helps, Marc.

Marc Robinson

UMR CNRS 5558 "Biometrie, Genetique, et Biologie des Populations"
Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1
43, boulevard du 11 novembre 1918
69622 Villeurbanne cedex

tel : 72 44 80 00 - poste 41 43