"Mitochondrial Eve" references? evidence? sequences?

Horticultural Sciences Computer Lab m-haskett at tamu.edu
Wed Mar 20 11:26:38 EST 1996

A couple of years ago, Discover (?) magazine released an article on
following human races and dating them by means of mitochondrial DNA.  Now
I realize that Discover is not exactly a scientific journal, but I not
been able to find the article again to see if it even gave references to
research of this kind.

My question is, "Has anyone seen this article, or research, or anything
kin to it and how to I get ahold of legitimate research of mitochondrial
mutations within the races and where might sequences be found for study?"

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Thompson
mbt1159 at acs.tamu.edu
Texas A&M University