"Mitochondrial Eve" references? evidence? sequences?

S. LaBonne labonnes at csc.albany.edu
Thu Mar 21 10:58:15 EST 1996

In article <3151170B.41C6 at evol.nott.ac.uk>,
Keith Bradnam  <keith at evol.nott.ac.uk> wrote:
>Horticultural Sciences Computer Lab wrote:
>> A couple of years ago, Discover (?) magazine released an article on
>> following human races and dating them by means of mitochondrial DNA.
>> My question is, "Has anyone seen this article, or research, or anything
>> kin to it...
>I think the original paper was...
>Cann,R.L. et al,1987, Nature, 325, 31-36
>Or for more of a recent overview try Maynard Smith's 1989 book
>"Evolutionary Genetics".

There is a very nice article on this subject by Francisco Ayala in the
Dec. 22,1995 issue of _Science_.
Opinions are mine alone; I never met a university with opinions!
Steve LaBonne ********************* (labonnes at cnsunix.albany.edu)
"It can never be satisfied, the mind, never."   - Wallace Stevens