branch problem

anar at dialmail.rediris.es anar at dialmail.rediris.es
Tue Mar 26 21:48:32 EST 1996

	Dear friends

	I am trying to get branch lenghts of a tree obtained with the program
Dnapars included in the PHYLIP package. After getting the consensus tree I make
my tree unrooted by using the program retree, also I calculate the genetic
distances by using the program DNAdist. After having all these things done I
haved tried to obtain the branch lenghts using the program fitch (as it is
recommended in the nineth frequently asked question included in the version
3.5c of the Phylip package). However I dont get any result and I dont know
whether I am doing some mistake or there exist other way to do it?
	Please could someone experienced in using this package help me?
	Thank you in advance