Current review of "RNA World"?

Howard R. Olson hrolson at nexus.chapman.edu
Mon May 27 02:43:30 EST 1996

    I need a review article on the "RNA world" hypothesis. I hope it will
be as current as possible but must have something in at least the past 5
or 10 years.
    The question I am most interested in are possible estimates of how
long it took DNA to evolve from RNA. The two obvious steps are the reduction
of ribose and methylation of Uracil to form Thymine. Were there any other
considerations that might have lengthened the time for evolution of DNA
from the RNA World?
                          Thanks In Advance,
                                            Howard Olson, MA
                                            Director