HAPPY BIRTHDAY EARTH (6000 years, 8 October 1996)
w.wuster at bangor.ac.uk
Mon Oct 14 03:37:45 EST 1996
On 12 Oct 1996, jody l haynes wrote:
> WHAT THE HELL IS SUCH A DISCUSSION DOING ON THE MOLECULAR EVOLUTION LIST?
> DON'T YOU ALL THINK THIS WOULD BE BETTER SUITED TO ANOTHER LIST OR
> NEWSGROUP. I PERSONALLY COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR _BELIEFS_ REGARDING
> THE AGE OF THE EARTH--AM I ALONE IN THIS VIEW?
1. Is your "Caps Lock" key broken?
2. In order to type your message, you must have pressed about 250 keys.
This is the same amount of work as pressing "D" 250 times, thus deleting
250 irrelevant messages; furthermore, the latter course of action would
not have forced the rest of us to hit "D" one more time.
3. The discussion was not about anyone's beliefs on the age of the Earth,
but simply a facetious discussion of how it was calculated.
4. I, for one, enjoy the odd facetious discussion among all the
ultra-serious stuff - am I alone in this view?
5. I suggest we should concentrate our flames on the commercial e-mail
spammers, who REALLY ruin the net, rather than the occasional off-topic
thread by regulars of a newsgroup.
School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales, Bangor, UK
e-mail: w.wuster at bangor.ac.uk
Thought for the day: If you see a light at the end of the tunnel,
it is probably a train coming your way.
More information about the Mol-evol